How to keep yourself busy during quarantine!

starboy

Keep yourself busy during quarantine!

Hey guys!

This is a difficult time for the world. In this period of great uncertainty and worry, I think it's important that we all keep ourselves busy. Being productive can really help our mental and physical health which is extremely important.

1. Create a routine or daily schedule
What do I mean by this? I think that staying at home for long periods of time can get difficult - to the point where we may lose track of time and might start to go a little crazy with boredom. Creating a routine establishes a sense of control over your life. Maybe include a period of physical activity or what time you'll aim to wake up etc.

2. Activity
I think it's especially important to keep our physical and mental health in check during this time. This category is split into two, mental and physical activity. So, for mental activity, perhaps doing something productive like learning how to code (which is what I'm doing), learning to play that instrument you bought a year ago, getting ahead on some school work etc. Anything to get your mind working and making sure you're not trapped in an endless cycle of boredom.
Secondly, physical activity. Physical activity releases endorphins which can improve your mood. It is important to keep healthy as well.

3. Play Minecraft!
Some people have called this a 'gamer's paradise'. It certainly seems that way, as many of us as returning to video games to relieve us of our boredom. On SplashMC specifically, the Survival server is indeed a great way to do something fun. It may be meeting new people or building a town. Whatever it is, I hope to see everyone on the server making the most of their time!

4. Spend time with your loved ones
While this may be a stressful time, perhaps it's a way for us to become closer to our family and our loved ones (seeing as we're stuck with them for a while!). Me personally, I am going to university soon and I won't be able to spend much time with my family - this is a great opportunity for me to spend time with them!

This might be a tough time for all of us, but please remain positive. We can all get through this if we do our part by helping those who we can and staying indoors. Please feel free to reply with any of your own suggestions for things to do during quarantine!

- starboy

Ivan

I do not know about you, but the insane amount of work my school is sending me keeps me busy all the time.

starboy

I do not know about you, but the insane amount of work my school is sending me keeps me busy all the time.
Our school isn't setting us any work so it's safe to say that I'm trying to find things to do hahaha

starboy

You are missing out on material that other schools have studied.
Nah. In the UK we have a set course for our exams. Our exams were cancelled so we just got told to study the rest of the course by ourselves

Ivan

Nah. In the UK we have a set course for our exams. Our exams were cancelled so we just got told to study the rest of the course by ourselves
I have alot of friends from the UK, and 90% of them use Zoom or Google Meet.

SkeppJr14

I hate quarinitne! havnt been outside the house in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am the 14th post on this thread lol

Zippy

how i wish i didn't have a truckload of online schoolwork keeping me from playing Minecraft all-day

Zippy

I hate quarinitne! havnt been outside the house in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am the 14th post on this thread lol
oh my goodness dude! (i didn't mean to quote bbh OOPS) try going for a walk or to the grocery store! even in these times you can still get a bit of sunlight :(

WolfyGamingWorld

Keep yourself busy during quarantine!

Hey guys!

This is a difficult time for the world. In this period of great uncertainty and worry, I think it's important that we all keep ourselves busy. Being productive can really help our mental and physical health which is extremely important.

1. Create a routine or daily schedule
What do I mean by this? I think that staying at home for long periods of time can get difficult - to the point where we may lose track of time and might start to go a little crazy with boredom. Creating a routine establishes a sense of control over your life. Maybe include a period of physical activity or what time you'll aim to wake up etc.

2. Activity
I think it's especially important to keep our physical and mental health in check during this time. This category is split into two, mental and physical activity. So, for mental activity, perhaps doing something productive like learning how to code (which is what I'm doing), learning to play that instrument you bought a year ago, getting ahead on some school work etc. Anything to get your mind working and making sure you're not trapped in an endless cycle of boredom.
Secondly, physical activity. Physical activity releases endorphins which can improve your mood. It is important to keep healthy as well.

3. Play Minecraft!
Some people have called this a 'gamer's paradise'. It certainly seems that way, as many of us as returning to video games to relieve us of our boredom. On SplashMC specifically, the Survival server is indeed a great way to do something fun. It may be meeting new people or building a town. Whatever it is, I hope to see everyone on the server making the most of their time!

4. Spend time with your loved ones
While this may be a stressful time, perhaps it's a way for us to become closer to our family and our loved ones (seeing as we're stuck with them for a while!). Me personally, I am going to university soon and I won't be able to spend much time with my family - this is a great opportunity for me to spend time with them!

This might be a tough time for all of us, but please remain positive. We can all get through this if we do our part by helping those who we can and staying indoors. Please feel free to reply with any of your own suggestions for things to do during quarantine!

- starboy
Nice ideas, glad I have stuff to do like homework, working on my server and maybe I will get to do some stuff as a staff member on Splash too, I have free time :D

PossiblyGG

I'm going to try and start getting a workout routine in place, I'm going to walk my dog in the morning, do ciruit (mainly push ups, sit ups, the plank, all that stuff) in the afternoon and before eating in the evening go out jogging.