How to improve your FPS and REDUCE lag!

starboy

cooltext353224322235187.png

It's no secret that the server is experiencing lag problems at the moment. I'm sure the owners and staff are working on this and the server will be smooth very soon. This guide might not eradicate all lag problems, but hopefully it can reduce the effect of it!
(This guide has been inspired by several guides I have been looking at on the internet)

What is LAG and low FPS?

FPS (Frames per second) refers to a unit that measures display device performance. Having a low FPS may mean the game starts to lag, as if you are watching a 'slideshow'. In essence, your game won't feel smooth due to your computer's performance.
Having an FPS above 30 is generally considered to be ideal.

What is Ping?: Ping refers to the network latency between a player's client and the game server. The lower the ping, the lower the latency and the less lag you will experience. This is important as, although your FPS may be high and the game may be smooth, you may see other players stuck in place, or perhaps you break a block and it respawns.
Having a ping lower than 50ms is considered to be good.

How to increase PC performance

1. Changing your settings:
  • Open Minecraft > Options > Video Settings
  • Change Graphics to Fast
  • Set Particles to Decreased / Minimal
  • Decrease your render distance
  • Set Max Framerate to Unlimited
  • Set Smooth Lighting Level to Off

2. Updating Java
To do this, you can go to this link: https://java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml

3. Optifine
  • Download the latest OptiFine from optifine.net/downloads.
  • Go onto Video Settings and customise your graphic settings further to increase your FPS
4. Allocate more RAM to Minecraft [ADVANCED]
  • Open Minecraft Launcher
  • Go to Launch Options
  • Make sure "Advanced settings" is enabled
  • Click on the game version with which you play
  • Switch JVM Arguments on
  • Change -Xmx1G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions to -Xmx2G XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions (this allocates 2GB of RAM)
5. Use a basic resource pack
A resource pack with less detail may use fewer of the graphic's cards' resources. Examples include the "FPS+ Texture Pack" or the "Tiny Texture Pack"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

This isn't the most extensive list, but I hope these points are useful to help boost your PC's performance when playing Minecraft. I know the lag is frustrating, but it's better to support the server rather than to vent in game. We're a team!

- starboy​

Ivan

View attachment 58

It's no secret that the server is experiencing lag problems at the moment. I'm sure the owners and staff are working on this and the server will be smooth very soon. This guide might not eradicate all lag problems, but hopefully it can reduce the effect of it!
(This guide has been inspired by several guides I have been looking at on the internet)

What is LAG and low FPS?

FPS (Frames per second) refers to a unit that measures display device performance. Having a low FPS may mean the game starts to lag, as if you are watching a 'slideshow'. In essence, your game won't feel smooth due to your computer's performance.

What is Ping?: Ping refers to the network latency between a player's client and the game server. The lower the ping, the lower the latency and the less lag you will experience. This is important as, although your FPS may be high and the game may be smooth, you may see other players stuck in place, or perhaps you break a block and it respawns.

2. Updating Java
To do this, you can go to this link: https://java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml

3. Optifine
  • Go onto Video Settings and customise your graphic settings further to increase your FPS
  • Go to Launch Options
  • Change -Xmx1G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions to -Xmx2G XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions (this allocates 2GB of RAM)
A resource pack with less detail may use fewer of the graphic's cards' resources. Examples include the "FPS+ Texture Pack" or the "Tiny Texture Pack"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

This isn't the most extensive list, but I hope these points are useful to help boost your PC's performance when playing Minecraft. I know the lag is frustrating, but it's better to support the server rather than to vent in game. We're a team!

- starboy​
You forgot something very important, switching fast render to on, this can be the difference of getting 30 fps to 50 fps. Still a very good tutorial, I liked.

UpbeatNot

This was very kind of you, it must have taken effort and time but you were still dedicated enough to do it. Nice job man. Respect

PossiblyGG

I use the OG Tali texture pack (a group of hcf players including meezoid) and have seen an increase of 20-40 FPS

UpbeatNot

I use darkbluefps 2 it really boosts your FPS but it isnt the greatest for survival. I mainly use this when I am pvping. Also I am personnaly getting high ping rather than low FPS im just wondering if thats just me or if everyone is like this. Using DarkBlueFPS I get around 120 FPS (I use a laptop not a pc) I also use optifine.

LennyChris

This is very helpful for people who can't perform well in game. This must've taken a lot of time and I respect that you took your time to help out other players

starboy

This is very helpful for people who can't perform well in game. This must've taken a lot of time and I respect that you took your time to help out other players
Thank you for your kind words! The server is going through some lag problems at the moment, so I thought this would be helpful to at least make the problem better for players while the owners work on reducing lag.

Arki

But you do have to consider, this isn't the players lag,
its the actual server which is lagging for an unknown reason
but this post does help!

WolfyGamingWorld

Nicely done tutorial, will come in handy to a lot of players here I hope that don't have the best pc, thank you for taking your time in making this for the community! (y)

Arki

Nicely done tutorial will come in handy to a lot of players here I hope that doesn't have the best pc, thank you for taking your time in making this for the community! (y)
This is not related to ANYTHING this post is about
but your signature made my day Wolfy
LOLs

Mart

View attachment 58

What is LAG and low FPS?

2. Updating Java

3. Optifine
  • Go to Launch Options

- starboy​
Good tutorial, to lazy to do :)

starboy

But you do have to consider, this isn't the players lag,
its the actual server which is lagging for an unknown reason
but this post does help!
Yeah of course. I just made it in general so if people are lagging they can come back to this post
Post automatically merged:

Good tutorial, to lazy to do :)
Thank you so much!