How to become a pro at parkour!

Ivan

The Minecraft jump dilema

Most people say the 4 block jump is the largest and most difficult jump in Minecraft. But what if I tell you, a 5 block jump is possible, so is a 6, a 7, 8 ... and I'm not talking about any potion effects, slime blocks or any other type of cheating, I'm talking legit. Minecraft has build in physics, that includes something called a momentum. The momentum you usually have in Minecraft is 1, you increase the momentum with 0.00111 per jump, that means you can double the jumps you make just by jumping before that. There is a big difference between a 5 and a 6 block jump though, the 5 block jump can be made if you jump and hit your head in a block above you about 7 times and then jumping at the right moment, while for a 6 block jump you have to build momentum for much longer.

This thread is inspired by a video of the YouTuber Dream, link to the video in the right 》

Archy

Archyx
Archyx
Misleading thread title, just because you know how an obscure game mechanic can be exploited to unreasonable level doesn't help the average person improve at parkour in any way.

Ivan

Misleading thread title, just because you know how an obscure game mechanic can be exploited to unreasonable level doesn't help the average person improve at parkour in any way.
That gives you an advantage most people don't know about and explains the parkour game mechanics - making you a pro.

Archy

Archyx
Archyx
Well to be very good at parkour requires skill in all types of jumps, not just flat block jumps.

Ivan

Well to be very good at parkour requires skill in all types of jumps, not just flat block jumps.
This applies to all jumps, the landing is a different topic. You just have to shift at the right time.

hacd

Im pretty confident im the best at parkour on this server what is your ingame name bc I want to show you :)

Here are some jumps on my youtube channel:

Last edited: