How to add depth and detail to your structures!

starboy

DETAILING

Hey guys!

During my 7+ years of playing Minecraft I've played many different gamemodes from Survival, Factions and Skyblock. For a while, I used to be part of a build team on a Creative server. I like to make my houses look aesthetically pleasing on Survival, so I thought I'd do a little tutorial of how I do it!

[IMG]

DETAILING A WALL

1)
This is a blank wall which may be found in your build. It could be the wall of a house.

[IMG]

2) Add pillars to add depth to your build!

[IMG]

3) Windows are always interesting but a good tip is to use panes to add even more depth to your build!

[IMG]

4) Stairs and slabs are great for extra detailing but be careful not to overdetail!
[IMG]

5)
Some finishing touches.... and voila!

[IMG]

[IMG]

OofGalaxy

Omg. Staryboy, nice design! I've always wanted to build something other than a plain wood house but have never gotten to it! You're tutorial has given me inspiration! Thanks so much.:)

starboy

Omg. Staryboy, nice design! I've always wanted to build something other than a plain wood house but have never gotten to it! You're tutorial has given me inspiration! Thanks so much.:)
No worries! I'm glad you got some inspiration

IceStorm2407

Dude thats really good! you should apply for builder. if they are looking for any builders! you would do great! :D

starboy

Dude thats really good! you should apply for builder. if they are looking for any builders! you would do great! :D
Thanks haha! I don’t really build too much anymore but I definitely like combining my love for Survival with Creative

IceStorm2407

Thanks haha! I don’t really build too much anymore but I definitely like combining my love for Survival with Creative
i love to build too! im not very good though D:, i need to taking building lessions xD

IceStorm2407

im down for that! you can build and ill redstone builld i love working with redstone!
Post automatically merged:

when do you wanna play?

Ivan

Haha ty, it’s not too complex. I used to build a lot more back in the day
The little detail add character to a build and its good that you try and help people accomplish that. Well done! (P.S. If you want to add more, feel free to check out Grian if you don't know who he is. He does building tips that can probably make you an even better builder.)

IceStorm2407

i agree the best builds are the ones with that little bit more detail (in my opinion)

starboy

The little detail add character to a build and its good that you try and help people accomplish that. Well done! (P.S. If you want to add more, feel free to check out Grian if you don't know who he is. He does building tips that can probably make you an even better builder.)
I watch Grian. He really inspired me to start building a couple years ago

Ivan

I watch Grian. He really inspired me to start building a couple years ago
In my previous staff experience I have been a builder once on a server and its honestly much harder than being a moderator. I'm not bad at building but building giant 1000x1000 arena is really exhausting.